What a blessing this girl is to our family!
Our Miss Emily Kay has such contagious enthusiasm. She has a smile that lights up the room and a laugh to match it. She is a loyal friend and a great encouragement to those around her. Emily is also a born leader who fails to waver under adversity. She continually takes a stand for what is right and leads others as a servant, never asking someone to do something she herself isn't willing to do.
In addition to wonderful character traits, Emily is also so very talented. She can play just about any sport or activity and succeed. Track, soccer, dance, cheerleading, art, drama, choir, you name it, this lady can take you down! (all with good sportsmanship and humility might I add). AND In case you can't tell from the picture above, Emily is also beautiful. Not only is she beautiful on the outside, but she has a beautiful heart filled with love for Jesus on the inside.
You'd think as the big sister, I'd be the one teaching Emily life lessons, but she has taught me so much already in just 14 years of her life. Emily and I could not be more opposite, but I love that God gave me a sister who is so unlike me. God has used many of Emily's qualities to further develop and grow the qualities in which I am lacking. My social butterfly, Emmy Kay, continually shows me how a true and loyal friend is supposed to act. Her outgoing nature helps draw me out of my shell, and her fun-loving personality reminds me to not take life so seriously. Thank you, God, for blessing me with such a precious sister who is so full of lessons!
So, today, we praise God for another year of our beautiful, talented, sweet, enthusiastic Emily's life. As each year passes, she matures more and more into a woman of God, and I'm so excited to see how she continues to impact this world for Jesus.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAY BIRD! I LOVE YOU!

No comments:
Post a Comment