Like every other idealistic college student, this girl's got some dreams; and let me tell you, people, they are BIG. Not because I'm ambitious or extraordinarily gifted (ambitious...maybe; gifted...no quite), but because I serve a big, big God who is determined to use a feeble creature like me to make His glory known.
So just what are these big 'ole dreams?
Well, since you asked...I want to be a momma, a missionary nurse, an advocate for orphans and the oppressed, and a bold voice for Jesus. I want a family knit together through adoption, a medical ministry in Africa, and unspeakable evidence of God's work in my life. If you want a mental picture of that, think Ellie, a husband, and 8 or so kids in an African village with bright smiles filled with the joy of Jesus. Something along those lines :)
Maybe none of those things will happen, or maybe, just maybe, all of them will.
I haven't a clue what is going to happen, but his I will tell you: I am ready and oh-so-willing to follow whatever God's plan is for my life. I'm officially done planning the rest of my life based on the so-called American Dream. I don't want a big, fancy house and a cushy retirement fund. I don't want to live in complete comfort and safety where I can so easily lose sight of my need for God. I want the opportunity to bring the love of Christ to the least of these, to rely on God daily for my needs, and to be used to bring God's redemption to the broken lives of His children.
So this is a post to all the blog world; I'm here and saying, "Here I am, God, send me!"
OH, and an important side note!
I sincerely doubt God would have ever cultivated these desires in my heart without the influence of some tremendous men and women so...
THANK YOU to all the men and women in my life who have modeled Christ-centered, gospel centered lives so clearly. To mention a few specifically...
Mom and Dad: For leading me to Christ, for bringing me up in the way of the Lord, and for covering me in prayer from the moment I took my first breath
Michigan small group folks (Aspergers, Adams, Rachors): For being bold advocates for the orphan, for modeling Christ-centered families, and for being unbelievably God-centered role models for a hopefully some day mom
You all may never know the full impact your wisdom, love, and examples have had on my life. I can assuredly say to you, God has used you greatly!
No comments:
Post a Comment