Well, since you are all on your toes wondering what on earth my woah-God moment was, I'll tell you. First, a little explanation. A.J. (that's mah boyfriend in case you didn't know) and I had decided that we wanted to jointly sponsor an orphan (which pays for a child's basic needs including school supplies). This past weekend, we sat down and figured out from what country, which child, etc, etc. We decided to sponsor one of the kids that lives at Fiwagoh, one of the orphanages I visited in July. After deciding which orphanage, we then had to decide which child. It was weird having to "choose" a child; I felt bad that someone would get a sponsor, but another wouldn't, just based on our rudimentary decision. Nonetheless, we read a few of the kids bios, and eventually came upon Joseph's. When we read his story, we just looked at each other and knew that he was the one.
Here's where the woah-God moment came in, well, not exactly when we chose Joseph, but days later when the woman who organizes the sponsorship program for Fiwagoh sent us an email, confirming we could sponsor Joseph. Unbeknownst to A.J. and I, Lena, the woman who runs the program, was actually at Fiwagoh when she received our email. In an email that we received today, she said:
"Thank you so much for your interest in Joseph. I read your email Sunday morning before leaving the Orphanage. I went straight to Joseph and told him that he had got a sponsor. He was the most happy boy. You should have seen him. Praise God. That boy already told me that he is looking for a sponsor with a great and wide love. I could hardly comprehend how good God was to him to let him get a sponsor even before I left the orphanage. May God really bless you for your care for him."
Did you just say "Woah, God?" in your head? 'cause I did, again, and I've already read the email about ten times! No one could ever say to me that God does not have sovereign plans; He KNEW we would choose Joseph. I'm so thrilled for the opportunity to get to know him via letter correspondence, and for the chance to bless someone else's life with the great abundance of wealth I've been given.
No comments:
Post a Comment