Life is stressful. It's messy and tiresome. Rarely do things work out the way we want; in fact, they usually go the exactly opposite to how we had pictured.
But in these moments, when people die who weren't supposed to yet, when two year olds get cancer, when decisions weigh heavy, when the work piles up, we have a greater hope.
This is not our home.
In the grand scheme of eternity, is that exam really going to matter? Are you going to care about workplace stress when you're in heaven? Are the worries of this life going to effect you as you stand in the presence of Jesus?
The answer, plain and simply, is no; it's not gonna matter.
But, sometimes, it's hard to let the abstract idea of heaven comfort us in hard times. So this is when we look to the blessings around us, God's mighty presence woven into the very fabric ofour lives.
Here are some of the blessings God's given me
An unwavering support system: God's blessing of family.

A Papa bear who understands, a momma bear who nurtures, a brother who makes me laugh, a sister who shows me how to compassionately love, a brother who shows me fearless determination.
Spiritual Strongholds: God's blessing of friends

My Soul Sistas, who helped set my heart on fire for Jesus and encouraged and challenged me when I wanted to give up.
African brothers and sisters: God's blessing of passion

God provided for this trip to Africa. He broke my heart for orphans and the oppressed. He sent my heart on fire for Him, gave me a vision for the future, and made a place for me to join in His redeeming work of this broken world.
Love: God's blessing of a best friend


Four years ago, I met this handsome fella, and I've not quite been the same since. All I can say is God's timing and planning are perfect. I've been blessed to run closer to God with him running right by my side.
These past two weeks I have been so overwhelmed; overwhelmed with the heart ache of this world and overwhelmed with the amount of things I'm supposed to get done. Foolishly, I didn't turn to my Bible or to prayer; instead, I cried and moped and complained, probably to the chagrin of all those around me. But in the last couple days I've realized that in the grand scheme of my life and in the grand scheme of eternity doesn't matter. What's more, I'm BEYOND blessed, so really I don't have much to complain about.
So, to all of you out there, when your life get's so stressful that you feel like you just want to crawl into bed and never come out, if you're facing something that seems unconquerable, make a list of all of the ways God has taken care of you so far. Remind yourself that in the grand scheme of eternity, what you are facing will be gone in the blink of an eye.
If you're feeling ambitious, I'd encourage you to memorize John 14:27; it's not long, and you can use it as your secret weapon for the times when this life get's too hard.
Rest in God's blessings, dear friends, they're all around you.
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
John 14:27
No comments:
Post a Comment