Once we had spent awhile in the caves, learning about the different images in the stalagmites and stalagtites that visitors have found over the years, we made our way to a restaurant for lunch. I enjoyed some yummy enchiladas verdes con pollo. After lunch, we had planned to go to see a waterfall about 30 minutes away. Unfortunately, there was a downside to the giant, comfortable bus; it couldn't make all of the twists and turns in the mountains. So we had to resort to plan B...riding in the back of trucks!! It was a beautiful drive through the mountains!
Once we got there, we quickly learned that the waterfall was a bit of a hike away. We were thankful to have filled up our bellies before making the trek. I really enjoy hiking, as I mentioned before, so I had a great time! The waterfall wasn't huge, but it was definitely pretty and the water was refreshing. Nicole, Heather, Hannah, and I made the trip back up together, enjoying that "good workout" feeling once we finally got to the top. Let's just say that the bus ride back was very quiet, as we all slept after a long, fun-filled day.
We continued our fun-filled weekend on Sunday with a trip with our family to a waterpark in Tequis, about an hour away. There were a few waterslides, a kiddie pool, a wave pool, and a couple of other normal pools. Sarah and I were able to catch some rays (which we are kinda feeling today) and enjoy playing with the girls! After our fun at the waterpark, Sarah and I were dropped off in the centro to work on some homework at a coffee shop for awhile.


No comments:
Post a Comment