Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sittin' in a cafe

I'm sitting in a cafe, reflecting on my time here thus far, and am struck by how blessed I am to be here--to be experiencing another culture, to be growing in knowledge both of nursing and of Spanish, and to be strengthening bonds with my fellow nursing students, as well as my host family. A lot has been crammed into the last two weeks, and I only hope that my brain is processing quickly enough to remember all of the experiences I've had here in Querétaro. Like today for example....

Today we enjoyed a relaxed morning--a good workout, breakfast, and plenty of laughter. We then headed out in our Sunday best to mass, where sweet Pili sang in the choir and our host parents actively took part in the service. I think it's so fun to see how people worship in different countries, and today was no exception. From mass, we drove to a "pueblito" (small town) called San Vicente. Here they sell things like purses, belts, and shoes made from the skins of cows in the area. We had a great time shopping around with the family and successfully purchased a couple of things :) After San Vicente, we stopped at our host family's grandma's house for a delicious lunch. It was fun to meet more of the family and to enjoy more authentic Mexican cuisine. Sarah and I got dropped off after lunch at the cafe in which I know sit, enjoying more of life in Mexico :)



Hasta mañana!


No comments:

Post a Comment